My husband Robbin and I were having a chat yesterday about our dreams from the night before:
- My dream: Robbin and I were together and he was crying, telling me how much he has missed me
- Robbin’s dream: The three of us were together as a family and I was trailing behind, not really participating because I was tired and I was ready to go.
We just casually shared about the dreams, then I went into the bathroom to put something away or to finish cleaning it and I yelled over to the kitchen, “you know Robbin, I’ve always been tired, my whole life!! I’ve always been tired!!”
Our dreams were showing us what we were leaving behind. I have had a huge two weeks in terms of self awareness and growth. I have finally come to see how tired I have been and how fearful I have been of being tired and how that cycle of tired and fear has been controlling me for as long as I can remember. I think the cycle all revolved around keeping me small and safe, because for so long as a child, I didn’t feel like the world was a safe place and I believed that I was really alone.
With the guidance of the coach that our family sees, I have been able to see these cycles of protection, control, fear and fatigue and they’ve come to a place where they were so obvious that I couldn’t deny them any longer. There they were:
- I was planning my life around being tired
- I was always in fear of being tired and getting sick or overwhelmed
- I was always scared of not being safe enough, being too vulnerable and small
- I was controlling the environment around me (including my family and friends) to make sure that I could stay safe and keep our four year old daughter safe.
I’d rather be honest with myself and really look at what has been going on so that I can be free of it. I don’t want to live a limited life anymore, nor do I want to limit my husband and daughter any longer. I’m really done with that, it’s been so sad, so scary, so limiting and so resentment causing. I’ve been resenting people around me who are more free and more open to new opportunities, when I’ve always felt trapped in a little box with super thick walls that I created with the illusion of protecting me and keeping me safe.
All of this has come into my awareness in the past few weeks because in my last healing session, I had a memory come up for me about playing hide and seek when I was a kid. It was a blessing really, because Zara had been playing hide and seek with her friends and I felt really nervous but didn’t really understand it until the memory presented at my session the next day.
In the memory, I was trapped in a big linen chest, and I remember feeling so scared, so trapped, so helpless, and I felt really alone. It was a fantastic memory to get to, because it was keeping me so small, it kept me looking through the eyes of that young girl who was scared and terrified. I was finally able to see how I had such trouble letting my daughter play alone with other kids, that I needed her to be within eye sight so I could make sure she was safe.
It was also somewhat devastating to realize the truth of what I was doing. I thought I was being a “good parent” by watching her. In my experience though, being a parent and parenting cannot be defined, it’s really about responding to each situation from the heart and getting to the core of any issues and removing those limiting blocks/memories/emotions so you and your child(ren) can be free.
Thanks to those realization and the growing awareness of what I was doing and why, I have come so far in the past week!
- I gave Zara some space to play with her friends and she was so comfortable, happy and free! I even heard her say, “Please stop doing that to me, I don’t like it,” or something along those lines! I checked in with her once and twice and she was totally fine and was having a blast! Imagine that!!
- I planned an activity/outing for each day of the week, and felt fine! I was tired occasionally, but I was able to see that I was still safe, that I was never alone! I was able to use the many tools I have learned to renew my energy and to reconnect to myself to feel good, instead of being locked in being tired and scared.
As a result of all of this, I feel like there is more of me here this week, more of me here to share in the joys of life, more of me to share with myself, my husband, my daughter and my friends. I am giving myself permission to live my life!!
I continue to marvel at how limited I was and how much more free I get with each time that I look within with Jean’s help (the healer/coach/guide our family sees)! It seems to me that giving myself the go-ahead to have a blast and be free and know that I am always safe is what I came to this planet to play with and explore. I’m so happy to have such beautiful people around me to share myself with and to share in the joys of life. May the walls keep crumbling and may my bright shiny soul fly as I continue to see just how big and strong my wings really are. I think they may even have bright sparkly feathers:)